English Language and Literature
Grammar and other technical tools of analysis will be taught as a means of producing various types of texts and analysing the set texts taught.
The first year involves the study of the following:
- An anthology of non-fiction texts including both spoken and written texts.
- Tennessee Williams’ ‘A Street Car Named Desire’ Drama
- NEA (coursework) Creative writing of non-fiction texts
The second year will include:
- Comparative NEA (coursework) comparing Bill
Bryson’s ‘Lost Continent’ with a post 2000 non- fiction text of your choice.
- William Blake – an anthology of 15 poems
- F Scott Fitzgerald’s ‘The Great Gatsby
- Creative writing of fiction.