Grammar and other technical tools of analysis will be taught as a means of analysing various types of text, both spoken and written, as well as topics such as child language development and how gender is represented in speech.
The first year involves the study of the following:
- Linguistic analysis of authentic texts.
- Analysis of how children acquire language.
- Language in the media and in technology
The second year will include:
- Original writing for a real-world purpose on a topical language issue.
- How language changes over time.
- A language investigation into an area of each learner’s particular individual interest.