The syllabus extends naturally from the skills developed at GCSE, but with more emphasis on grammar. Equal stress is placed on listening, reading, speaking and writing, together with discovery of contemporary culture and society through the study of selected topics.
Aspects of French-speaking society:
Artistic culture in the French-speaking world:
• A culture proud of its heritage
• Contemporary French-speaking music
Aspects of French-speaking society: current issues
• Positive aspects of a diverse society
• What life for the socially excluded?
• How criminals are treated
Aspects of political life in the French-speaking world:
• Teenagers, right to vote and political commitment
• Demonstrations and strikes – Who has the power?
• Politics and immigration
Study of a French novel
Study of a French film