Health and Social Care Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma
All students take ten core units including:
• Building positive relationships in Health and Social Care
• Equality, diversity and rights in Health and Social Care
• Health, safety and security in Health and Social Care
• Anatomy and physiology for Health and Social Care
• Infection control
• Personalisation and a person centred approach to care
• Promoting positive behaviour
• The impact of long-term physiological conditions
• Research methods in health, social care and childcare
You will also take additional optional units selected by subject staff.
This course really focuses on the vocational aspects of Health & Social Care so you will find a lot of teaching is based in work experience/placement visits or case studies/role plays. There will also be group discussions, case study work, presentations, guest speakers, creation of resources, individual research, role play and so on. You will have the opportunity to undertake a work experience placement where you will be able to apply some of the knowledge gained in lessons and develop your skills.