Creative Digital Media Extended Certificate
This course offers a vocational alternative to A-Level Media Studies and is particularly suited to students who enjoy practical and creative aspects of media productions. Over the course of two years you will produce a music video & short fictional film. Completing the course will open pathways to higher education or training and employment in creative industries sector.
The course comprises of four units:
1. Media Representations
2. Pre-Production Portfolio
3. Responding to a Commission
4. Film Production (fiction)
You will develop your:
- Practical media skills e.g camera operation & film editing
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills: approaching problems by applying creative solutions and using technology
- Interpersonal skills: communicating, working collaboratively, negotiating and influencing, self-managing, adapting and showing resilience, and self-monitoring and development.