Sport and Physical Activity – OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate
The OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate in Sport and Physical Activity provides an introduction to the sector provides an introduction to the sector for students looking to build a career in sport, within one of its occupational areas. These areas include careers in exercise and fitness, coaching, leadership and sports development.
This course provides a more practical, real-world approach to learning alongside a theoretical background, giving students the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment.
You will study 6 units over the 2 years which includes:
- Unit 1 Body Systems (externally assessed exam unit)
- Unit 2 Sports Coaching and Leadership (internally assessed assignment unit)
- Unit 3 Sports organisation and development (externally assessed exam unit)
- Unit 11 Physical activity for specific groups (internally assessed assignment unit)
- Unit 12 Nutrition & Diet for Sport & exercise (internally assessed assignment unit)
- Unit 17 Sports Injuries activities (internally assessed assignment unit)
The employer-endorsed course content is up to date and relevant, reflecting the blend of knowledge, practical skills, communication and team–working skills needed to progress to further study or employment in the sector and beyond.