In this section
There are currently no vacancies.
Join our Board of Governors and help transform lives through learning
WQE has a board of 18 members working as a team, to provide strategic governance and help shape the College’s future direction. Known as the Corporation, it has 18 members made up of:
- 12 independent governors, who are recruited from outside the College;
- the Principal;
- 2 Student governors;
- 2 Staff governors (drawn from teaching and support staff); and
- 1 Parent governor.
We are always keen to hear from individuals who believe they can make a real difference to the College and our students. You need to be enthusiastic and committed to serving in this voluntary role. We welcome applications from people who can demonstrate sound business acumen with a track record of operating strategically.
The Corporation has a strong commitment to equality and diversity and encourages applications from under-represented groups which include women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact Rachel Middleton, the Clerk to the Corporation.
A little more about the Corporation
The Corporation’s legal responsibilities are to:
- determine and periodically review the educational character and mission of the institution and oversee its activities;
- approve the College’s quality strategy;
- ensure the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the College and the Corporation and safeguarding of assets;
- approve the annual estimates of income and expenditure;
- appoint the Principal and determine a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all staff.
All governors commit to attending three Corporation meetings each term, usually in the early evening. Each year governors are linked to a different area of the College and are encouraged to attend College events such as: prize giving, open days, art exhibitions, drama and music performances.