In this section
The Careers Service at WQE is here to help students progress – whether they are interested in University, an apprenticeship, employment or something else. We ensure that all students have access to a wide range of careers education, advice and guidance to meet their individual needs.
We also support students by working with them to develop the employability skills that will enable them to succeed. Students can complete the WQE Inspiration for Skills and Employability Award (WISE) designed to help them stand out from the crowd. More information about the award can be found here.
Activities we offer include:
- 1:1 careers guidance
- Applications, C.V and cover letter support as well as mock interviews
- Careers Fairs and University Exhibitions
- Employer skills workshops
- UCAS support
- Volunteering opportunities
- Work experience and work place visits
Our full education careers plan can be found here.
The Careers Education plan is supported by:
- Developing Young Professionals – the WQE Employability Strategy
- a whole college approach to embedding employability into the curriculum
- employer engagement and Labour Market Information (LMI)
We work closely with local and national employers to develop and enhance our students’ skills, experience and knowledge. If you are an employer and would like to get involved, click here…
The Gatsby Benchmarks
We ensure all activities are planned, developed and delivered to meet The Gatsby Benchmarks. These benchmarks ensure students access good quality careers education. You can see how we’ve incorporated them into our careers plan here.
Contact WQE careers staff for careers related support:
Regent Road Campus – Coordinator for Careers and Employability at email@example.com
University Road Campus – Careers Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Careers Leader and Provider Access Policy can be found here